• Home
  • Photo News
  • News
    • NGO/CSO
    • Photo News
    • OrientalNews 7th Anniversary
    • Press Releases
    • World News
    • Nigeria News
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Sports
  • Interviews
  • SMEs
  • Law
    • Crime
  • Travel & Tours
    • Aviation
    • Tourism
  • Energy
    • Oil & Gas
    • Power
  • Business
    • Banking & Finance
      • Capital Market
      • Money Market
    • Pension
    • Insurance
    • Brands & Marketing
    • IT & Telecoms
    • Labour
    • Agriculture
    • Maritime
    • Property
    • Manufacturing
  • Regulators
    • Nigeria Bureu of Statistics
    • PENCOM
    • NAICOM
    • SEC
    • NSE
    • CBN
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Tuesday, May 19
  • About us
  • Terms of use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Advertize here
  • Contact us
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Oriental News Nigeria
  • Home
  • Photo News
  • News
    • NGO/CSO
    • Photo News
    • OrientalNews 7th Anniversary
    • Press Releases
    • World News
    • Nigeria News
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Sports
  • Interviews
  • SMEs
  • Law
    • Crime
  • Travel & Tours
    • Aviation
    • Tourism
  • Energy
    • Oil & Gas
    • Power
  • Business
    • Banking & Finance
      • Capital Market
      • Money Market
    • Pension
    • Insurance
    • Brands & Marketing
    • IT & Telecoms
    • Labour
    • Agriculture
    • Maritime
    • Property
    • Manufacturing
  • Regulators
    • Nigeria Bureu of Statistics
    • PENCOM
    • NAICOM
    • SEC
    • NSE
    • CBN
Oriental News Nigeria
Home»News»Bandits demand N20m ransom to release abducted Zamfara medical doctor
News

Bandits demand N20m ransom to release abducted Zamfara medical doctor

By Orientalnews StaffJune 30, 2022Updated:June 30, 2022No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Mansur Muhammed: Kidnappers demand N20m ransom for Zamfara Medical Doctor

The Nigerian Medical Association (NMA), Zamfara branch, says it is working to secure the release of the Medical Director of Dansadau General Hospital, who was abducted by bandits on June 25.

Dr Mannir Bature, the state NMA Chairman, said in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Gusau on Wednesday.

“The abductors of Dr Mansur Muhammad the Medical Director, General Hospital Dansadau have demanded N20 million ransom for his release.

“They made contact with his family to demand the sum of N20 million ransom before they can release him.

“They, however, reduced the amount to N5 million; we are still on it.

“The leadership of the NMA is working with relevant authorities to ensure the safe release of the victim,” he said.

NAN reports that Muhammad was abducted at Mashaya village along Dansadau-Magami road while returning from Gusau.

Bature said that the bandits had been targeting the victim for a while until last Saturday when they succeeded in abducting him to an unknown location.

He recalled that the bandits had sometime in 2021 attacked Dansadau General Hospital and abducted two health workers, when they did not find the medical director.

The NMA chairman advised security agencies in the state to coordinate their activities and take the fight to the bandits.

“The security forces and other relevant stakeholders must form a formidable synergy to win the fight against the bandits and eliminate the menace of banditry in Zamfara and other parts of the region.

“The three tiers of government must come up with strategies to nip the security challenges in the bud,” he added.

According to him, the resurgence of kidnapping, cattle rustling, and other criminality in Zamfara was because the security forces abandoned strategic locations and hot spots they had earlier occupied.(NAN)

Share this:

  • Share
  • Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
cover
Orientalnews Staff

Related Posts

NAICOM Mourns The Passing Of Barr. Rotimi Edu

May 18, 2026

Guinness Elevates AMVCA 12 with Best Dressed Voters’ Choice Award and ₦2 Million in Prizes

May 18, 2026

CGC Adeniyi Seeks Inclusive Dialogue as Customs Opens Fresh Front With Beer Sectoral Group

May 18, 2026

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

The latest
  • NAICOM Mourns The Passing Of Barr. Rotimi Edu
  • Guinness Elevates AMVCA 12 with Best Dressed Voters’ Choice Award and ₦2 Million in Prizes
  • CGC Adeniyi Seeks Inclusive Dialogue as Customs Opens Fresh Front With Beer Sectoral Group
  •  NEMA Begins Emergency Response Campaign On Flood Disaster In South-South Region
  • National Emergency Agency Warns States To Act Fast Against Impending Floods 
  • FirstBank, Visa Launch Naira Visa Debit Card To Accelerate Nigeria’s Cashless Payments Drive
  • Federal Budget Office Says Fiscal Years Are Defined By Law
  • Nigerian Navy Dismantles Staging Camp Operated By Suspected Hoodlums In Niger Delta 
  • NIA Expresses Sorrow Of Death Of Former NCRIB President, Barr. Rotimi Edu
  • INEC Confirms Receipt Of Membership Registers From All 22 Registered Political Parties 
Categories
Quick Links
  • About us
  • Terms of use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Advertize here
  • Contact us
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube LinkedIn
Copyright © 2026 Oriental News Nigeria. All right reserved.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.