• Home
  • Photo News
  • News
    • NGO/CSO
    • Photo News
    • OrientalNews 7th Anniversary
    • Press Releases
    • World News
    • Nigeria News
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Sports
  • Interviews
  • SMEs
  • Law
    • Crime
  • Travel & Tours
    • Aviation
    • Tourism
  • Energy
    • Oil & Gas
    • Power
  • Business
    • Banking & Finance
      • Capital Market
      • Money Market
    • Pension
    • Insurance
    • Brands & Marketing
    • IT & Telecoms
    • Labour
    • Agriculture
    • Maritime
    • Property
    • Manufacturing
  • Regulators
    • Nigeria Bureu of Statistics
    • PENCOM
    • NAICOM
    • SEC
    • NSE
    • CBN
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Tuesday, May 19
  • About us
  • Terms of use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Advertize here
  • Contact us
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Oriental News Nigeria
  • Home
  • Photo News
  • News
    • NGO/CSO
    • Photo News
    • OrientalNews 7th Anniversary
    • Press Releases
    • World News
    • Nigeria News
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Sports
  • Interviews
  • SMEs
  • Law
    • Crime
  • Travel & Tours
    • Aviation
    • Tourism
  • Energy
    • Oil & Gas
    • Power
  • Business
    • Banking & Finance
      • Capital Market
      • Money Market
    • Pension
    • Insurance
    • Brands & Marketing
    • IT & Telecoms
    • Labour
    • Agriculture
    • Maritime
    • Property
    • Manufacturing
  • Regulators
    • Nigeria Bureu of Statistics
    • PENCOM
    • NAICOM
    • SEC
    • NSE
    • CBN
Oriental News Nigeria
Home»News»Nigeria News»COVID-19: Lagos state leads as NCDC confirms records 332 new cases
Nigeria News

COVID-19: Lagos state leads as NCDC confirms records 332 new cases

By Orientalnews StaffJuly 1, 2022No Comments4 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Nigeria’s commercial capital city, Lagos State, is driving Nigeria’s latest COVID-19 surge as the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) confirmed 332 additional infections between June 25 and June 29.

The NCDC made this known via its official website on Thursday, saying that out of the 332 new infections recorded, Lagos had 251 cases, while Rivers state reported 50 additional cases.

It said that the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and three other states contributed the remaining figure.

The Centre said that the latest cases had increased the country’s infection toll to 257,290, while the fatality toll still stood at 3,144.

The NCDC website, in its breakdown of the latest infections, showed that Lagos state had continued to maintain the first position with a huge gap in the country.

Of the 257,290 total cases recorded since the outbreak of the pandemic in Feb. 2020, Lagos State confirmed 100, 376 infections followed by the FCT and the Rivers with 28,759 and 16,811 respectively.

It also stated that 3,917 people were currently down with the virus, while 250,229 people had been treated and discharged nationwide since the outbreak in 2020.

The agency said that FCT came third on the log with 21 infections.

While Kano State in the North-west logged seven cases, Delta reported two and Oyo confirmed one respectively.

The Public Health Institute said that eight states, Bayelsa, Ekiti, Kaduna, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Plateau and Sokoto recorded zero cases.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that in weeks 21 & 22, the number of samples tested in the country decreased to 15,347 from 28,118 reported in weeks 19 & 20. These were reported in 36 states and the FCT.

In the country, in weeks 21 & 22, the new confirmed cases increased to 267, representing 1.7 per cent from 166 0.6 per cent reported in weeks 19 & 20.

These were reported in nine states and the FCT and include a backlog of cases reported from Imo State.

The country’s number of discharged cases, in weeks 21 & 22, also decreased to 47 from 66 in weeks 19 & 20. There was no death reported in the last two weeks.

Cumulatively, since the outbreak began in Week 9, 2020, about 257,290 cases and 3,144 deaths have been reported giving a Case Fatality Rate (CFR) of 1.2 per cent.

The number of inbound international travellers tested in weeks 21 & 22, was 1,070 of which 15, 1.4 per cent were positive compared to 12, 1.2 per cent out of 988 tested in weeks 19 & 20.

While the number of outbound international travellers tested was 3,382 of which 25 0.7 per cent were positive compared to 18 0.6 per cent out of 3,104 tested in weeks 19 & 20.

Meanwhile, with the breakthrough of the COVID-19 vaccine, also considered the most effective way to curb the continuous spread of the virus.

The National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA), has inoculated only 20.5 per cent of its 70 per cent target population in the country has been fully vaccinated.

The NPHCDA said that as at June 29, 2022, about 22,938,601 of total eligible persons targeted for COVID-19 vaccination, were fully vaccinated while 11,972,251 of total eligible persons targeted for COVID-19 vaccination, were partially vaccinated.

The five performing states, still maintaining their position in the country’s mass vaccination campaign were; Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Lagos and Nasarawa account for 51 per cent of the total number of doses administered in the country.

However, Lagos state is currently administering about 23,000 daily, which makes the state the second-highest number of COVID-19 vaccine doses per day in the country. (NAN)

Share this:

  • Share
  • Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
cover
Orientalnews Staff

Related Posts

Why Nigeria’s Digital Defences Must Evolve Or Risk Being Overwhelmed

April 29, 2026

Reflections On Nigeria’s Underdevelopment

April 20, 2026

EMT Foundation Takes Medical Outreach to Kogi Communities

March 30, 2026

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

The latest
  • NAICOM Mourns The Passing Of Barr. Rotimi Edu
  • Guinness Elevates AMVCA 12 with Best Dressed Voters’ Choice Award and ₦2 Million in Prizes
  • CGC Adeniyi Seeks Inclusive Dialogue as Customs Opens Fresh Front With Beer Sectoral Group
  •  NEMA Begins Emergency Response Campaign On Flood Disaster In South-South Region
  • National Emergency Agency Warns States To Act Fast Against Impending Floods 
  • FirstBank, Visa Launch Naira Visa Debit Card To Accelerate Nigeria’s Cashless Payments Drive
  • Federal Budget Office Says Fiscal Years Are Defined By Law
  • Nigerian Navy Dismantles Staging Camp Operated By Suspected Hoodlums In Niger Delta 
  • NIA Expresses Sorrow Of Death Of Former NCRIB President, Barr. Rotimi Edu
  • INEC Confirms Receipt Of Membership Registers From All 22 Registered Political Parties 
Categories
Quick Links
  • About us
  • Terms of use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Advertize here
  • Contact us
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube LinkedIn
Copyright © 2026 Oriental News Nigeria. All right reserved.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.