• Home
  • Photo News
  • News
    • NGO/CSO
    • Photo News
    • OrientalNews 7th Anniversary
    • Press Releases
    • World News
    • Nigeria News
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Sports
  • Interviews
  • SMEs
  • Law
    • Crime
  • Travel & Tours
    • Aviation
    • Tourism
  • Energy
    • Oil & Gas
    • Power
  • Business
    • Banking & Finance
      • Capital Market
      • Money Market
    • Pension
    • Insurance
    • Brands & Marketing
    • IT & Telecoms
    • Labour
    • Agriculture
    • Maritime
    • Property
    • Manufacturing
  • Regulators
    • Nigeria Bureu of Statistics
    • PENCOM
    • NAICOM
    • SEC
    • NSE
    • CBN
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Sunday, May 24
  • About us
  • Terms of use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Advertize here
  • Contact us
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Oriental News Nigeria
  • Home
  • Photo News
  • News
    • NGO/CSO
    • Photo News
    • OrientalNews 7th Anniversary
    • Press Releases
    • World News
    • Nigeria News
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Sports
  • Interviews
  • SMEs
  • Law
    • Crime
  • Travel & Tours
    • Aviation
    • Tourism
  • Energy
    • Oil & Gas
    • Power
  • Business
    • Banking & Finance
      • Capital Market
      • Money Market
    • Pension
    • Insurance
    • Brands & Marketing
    • IT & Telecoms
    • Labour
    • Agriculture
    • Maritime
    • Property
    • Manufacturing
  • Regulators
    • Nigeria Bureu of Statistics
    • PENCOM
    • NAICOM
    • SEC
    • NSE
    • CBN
Oriental News Nigeria
Home»News»Nigeria News»Fuel Scarcity To End Weekend As NNPC Expects 250m Litres Of Petrol
Nigeria News

Fuel Scarcity To End Weekend As NNPC Expects 250m Litres Of Petrol

By orientalnewsngDecember 15, 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Gerard Izuora.

The crippling fuel scarcity that has enveloped many parts of the country may be a thing of the past by weekend going by the assurances of the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources,  Ibe Kachikwu.

Kachikwu gave the assurance during a meeting of the National Economic Council (NEC) a week after the initial deadline given by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo elapsed.

Similarly, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has announced  that it is expecting up to five ships, each laden with 50 million litres of Premium Motor Spirit, popularly known as petrol, in the country in the next three days.

Kachikwu promised the NEC consisting all state governors that the fuel scarcity being witnessed in parts of the country will end within 48 hours.

Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, disclosed this to State House correspondents at the end of a meeting of the council presided over by Vice President Osinbajo.

According to Obaseki, the minister said there is enough fuel in the nation’s strategic reserves to stave off prolonged scarcity.

“The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources assured council that within the next 48hours, fuel supply will be restored nationwide because there is enough fuel in our strategic reserves.

“He said the ministry has released fuel from these reserves and it expects distribution will reach all parts of the country within the next 48 hours,” Obaseki said.

NNPC in its announcement stated that its downstream subsidiary, the Nigerian Products Marketing Company, had increased the number of trucks that move petrol from its depots to 1,300 per day in order to prevent distribution and supply hiccups.

Last week, the Federal Government had directed Kachikwu to ensure that queues for petrol were cleared within a week.

Although Kachikwu told journalists in Abuja that a number of measures had been put in place to address the situation, the queues persisted till Tuesday but reduced on Wednesday in Abuja and neighbouring states

 

Share this:

  • Share
  • Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
cover
orientalnewsng

Related Posts

Why Nigeria’s Digital Defences Must Evolve Or Risk Being Overwhelmed

April 29, 2026

Reflections On Nigeria’s Underdevelopment

April 20, 2026

EMT Foundation Takes Medical Outreach to Kogi Communities

March 30, 2026

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

The latest
  • Lagos Stakeholders Drives Bold Food Reforms to Tackle Hunger And Malnutrition
  • What You Need To Know About The Rare Ebola Strain And How It Spreads
  • African Airlines Plan to Extend Free Route Airspace Across Eastern and Southern Africa
  • African Regulators Adopt 2026-2030 Roadmap for Data Protection and Cybersecurity
  • Nigeria Recasts Telecom Rules for a Market Consolidating More Than Growing
  • Nigeria Issues Fresh Draft Rules For Virtual Mobile Operators
  • Kwara State House Of Assembly Speaker Clinches APC Guber Ticket
  • UNAAB Commends EFCC On Recovery Of N27m Held By Estate Agents
  • Alleged N8.7bn Money Laundering: Court Adjourns Ex-AGF Malami’s Trial Till June 23 
  • Abia State Set To Establish World-Class Electricity Market
Categories
Quick Links
  • About us
  • Terms of use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Advertize here
  • Contact us
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube LinkedIn
Copyright © 2026 Oriental News Nigeria. All right reserved.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.