• Home
  • Photo News
  • News
    • NGO/CSO
    • Photo News
    • OrientalNews 7th Anniversary
    • Press Releases
    • World News
    • Nigeria News
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Sports
  • Interviews
  • SMEs
  • Law
    • Crime
  • Travel & Tours
    • Aviation
    • Tourism
  • Energy
    • Oil & Gas
    • Power
  • Business
    • Banking & Finance
      • Capital Market
      • Money Market
    • Pension
    • Insurance
    • Brands & Marketing
    • IT & Telecoms
    • Labour
    • Agriculture
    • Maritime
    • Property
    • Manufacturing
  • Regulators
    • Nigeria Bureu of Statistics
    • PENCOM
    • NAICOM
    • SEC
    • NSE
    • CBN
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Monday, May 18
  • About us
  • Terms of use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Advertize here
  • Contact us
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Oriental News Nigeria
  • Home
  • Photo News
  • News
    • NGO/CSO
    • Photo News
    • OrientalNews 7th Anniversary
    • Press Releases
    • World News
    • Nigeria News
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Sports
  • Interviews
  • SMEs
  • Law
    • Crime
  • Travel & Tours
    • Aviation
    • Tourism
  • Energy
    • Oil & Gas
    • Power
  • Business
    • Banking & Finance
      • Capital Market
      • Money Market
    • Pension
    • Insurance
    • Brands & Marketing
    • IT & Telecoms
    • Labour
    • Agriculture
    • Maritime
    • Property
    • Manufacturing
  • Regulators
    • Nigeria Bureu of Statistics
    • PENCOM
    • NAICOM
    • SEC
    • NSE
    • CBN
Oriental News Nigeria
Home»News»4 teenagers drown in Elegushi Beach – Management
News

4 teenagers drown in Elegushi Beach – Management

By Orientalnews StaffAugust 17, 2022Updated:August 17, 2022No Comments1 Min Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The management of the Elegushi Beach in Lagos State has described as unfortunate the drowning incident that occurred at a section of the beach earlier on Tuesday, which claimed the lives of four teenagers.

Chief Ayuba Elegushi, on behalf of the beach management, said this in a statement made available to newsmen.

Elegushi explained that the incident occurred at an unmanned section of the beach area, which was not open to the public.

According to him, about 10 teenage boys visited the beach on Tuesday morning, to celebrate the success of their WAEC results.

He said while the beach authority and security team turned them back, the boys took a detour and went to an unmanned section of the beach area to swim.

He noted that unfortunately, about 10 of them were almost drowning before the beach security were alerted to the scene and six of them were rescued alive while four were still missing as at press time.

“While the matter has been reported at the Ilasan Police Station, effort is still on to find the missing boys,” he said. (NAN)

Share this:

  • Share
  • Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
cover
Orientalnews Staff

Related Posts

NAICOM Mourns The Passing Of Barr. Rotimi Edu

May 18, 2026

Guinness Elevates AMVCA 12 with Best Dressed Voters’ Choice Award and ₦2 Million in Prizes

May 18, 2026

CGC Adeniyi Seeks Inclusive Dialogue as Customs Opens Fresh Front With Beer Sectoral Group

May 18, 2026

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

The latest
  • NAICOM Mourns The Passing Of Barr. Rotimi Edu
  • Guinness Elevates AMVCA 12 with Best Dressed Voters’ Choice Award and ₦2 Million in Prizes
  • CGC Adeniyi Seeks Inclusive Dialogue as Customs Opens Fresh Front With Beer Sectoral Group
  •  NEMA Begins Emergency Response Campaign On Flood Disaster In South-South Region
  • National Emergency Agency Warns States To Act Fast Against Impending Floods 
  • FirstBank, Visa Launch Naira Visa Debit Card To Accelerate Nigeria’s Cashless Payments Drive
  • Federal Budget Office Says Fiscal Years Are Defined By Law
  • Nigerian Navy Dismantles Staging Camp Operated By Suspected Hoodlums In Niger Delta 
  • NIA Expresses Sorrow Of Death Of Former NCRIB President, Barr. Rotimi Edu
  • INEC Confirms Receipt Of Membership Registers From All 22 Registered Political Parties 
Categories
Quick Links
  • About us
  • Terms of use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Advertize here
  • Contact us
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube LinkedIn
Copyright © 2026 Oriental News Nigeria. All right reserved.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.