• Home
  • Photo News
  • News
    • NGO/CSO
    • Photo News
    • OrientalNews 7th Anniversary
    • Press Releases
    • World News
    • Nigeria News
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Sports
  • Interviews
  • SMEs
  • Law
    • Crime
  • Travel & Tours
    • Aviation
    • Tourism
  • Energy
    • Oil & Gas
    • Power
  • Business
    • Banking & Finance
      • Capital Market
      • Money Market
    • Pension
    • Insurance
    • Brands & Marketing
    • IT & Telecoms
    • Labour
    • Agriculture
    • Maritime
    • Property
    • Manufacturing
  • Regulators
    • Nigeria Bureu of Statistics
    • PENCOM
    • NAICOM
    • SEC
    • NSE
    • CBN
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Saturday, May 23
  • About us
  • Terms of use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Advertize here
  • Contact us
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Oriental News Nigeria
  • Home
  • Photo News
  • News
    • NGO/CSO
    • Photo News
    • OrientalNews 7th Anniversary
    • Press Releases
    • World News
    • Nigeria News
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Sports
  • Interviews
  • SMEs
  • Law
    • Crime
  • Travel & Tours
    • Aviation
    • Tourism
  • Energy
    • Oil & Gas
    • Power
  • Business
    • Banking & Finance
      • Capital Market
      • Money Market
    • Pension
    • Insurance
    • Brands & Marketing
    • IT & Telecoms
    • Labour
    • Agriculture
    • Maritime
    • Property
    • Manufacturing
  • Regulators
    • Nigeria Bureu of Statistics
    • PENCOM
    • NAICOM
    • SEC
    • NSE
    • CBN
Oriental News Nigeria
Home»Energy»Oil & Gas»Nigeria’s Forcados oil pipeline resumes after one-week shutdown
Oil & Gas

Nigeria’s Forcados oil pipeline resumes after one-week shutdown

By orientalnewsngJanuary 26, 2015No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Yemisi Izuora/Agency Report

SHELL PETROLEUM

Nigeria resumed operations on its Trans Forcados oil pipeline thus bringing back on stream part of the network whose closure also led to a near halving of the country’s gas production.

The pipeline, which had been shut for a week due to sabotage, resumed on Saturday afternoon, David Ige, executive director of gas and power at Nigerian National Petroleum Corp, told Reuters.

It transports the Forcados crude oil grade in the delta region and was scheduled to export about 260,000 barrels per day in January and 210,000 bpd in February.

The west African crude market is already oversupplied, so the resumption had little immediate impact on prices.

The outage also halted a significant part of Nigeria’s natural gas production. Gas fields had to be shut down because the condensate they produce alongside the gas is normally evacuated via Forcados.

“Forcados is a major artery…when this pipeline is out we lose gas production… (It) accounts for 40-50 percent of gas production in the country,” Ige said.

Each time the pipeline goes down, two power plants also lose input and electricity supplies for the east of the country are affected, he said.

Seplat , Panocean and NNPC’s subsidiary the Nigeria’s National Petroleum Development Company (NPDC) produce oil for the pipeline but a small alternative route exists through the Warri refinery but its capacity is small, meaning backlogs build up after a few days, Ige said.

Royal Dutch Shell said its 150,000 bpd Nembe Creek oil pipeline, which carries Bonny Light crude, was still shut after a leak was detected and the line was closed on Jan. 17, a spokeswoman for the firm said. The SPDC also contributes to Forcados’ exports but at a different point closer to the Forcados’ oil terminal.

Ige said the country produces around 8 billion cubic feet per day of gas (BCF/D), of which 1.9 bcf/day is allocated for domestic consumption.

Almost 4 bcf/day is exported via the west African gas pipeline and as liquefied natural gas (LNG), with a portion used to balance operations whereas about 0.8 bcf/day is flared.

Seplat increased its Nigerian oil production to 76,000 bpd in December and transported the majority of its crude via the Forcados pipeline, a spokeswoman for the company said without commenting on the status of the fields.

Share this:

  • Share
  • Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
featured Nigeria's Forcados oil pipeline resumes after one-week shutdown
orientalnewsng

Related Posts

NLNG Train 7 Achieved Higher Indigenous Companies Participation 

May 23, 2026

EU Warns Oil And Gas Prices To Remain Elevated Till End Of 2027

May 23, 2026

World Losing One Fifth Of Globally Traded Oil As Next Oil Shock Beckons Over Iran War

May 23, 2026

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

The latest
  • Lagos Stakeholders Drives Bold Food Reforms to Tackle Hunger And Malnutrition
  • What You Need To Know About The Rare Ebola Strain And How It Spreads
  • African Airlines Plan to Extend Free Route Airspace Across Eastern and Southern Africa
  • African Regulators Adopt 2026-2030 Roadmap for Data Protection and Cybersecurity
  • Nigeria Recasts Telecom Rules for a Market Consolidating More Than Growing
  • Nigeria Issues Fresh Draft Rules For Virtual Mobile Operators
  • Kwara State House Of Assembly Speaker Clinches APC Guber Ticket
  • UNAAB Commends EFCC On Recovery Of N27m Held By Estate Agents
  • Alleged N8.7bn Money Laundering: Court Adjourns Ex-AGF Malami’s Trial Till June 23 
  • Abia State Set To Establish World-Class Electricity Market
Categories
Quick Links
  • About us
  • Terms of use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Advertize here
  • Contact us
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube LinkedIn
Copyright © 2026 Oriental News Nigeria. All right reserved.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.