• Home
  • Photo News
  • News
    • NGO/CSO
    • Photo News
    • OrientalNews 7th Anniversary
    • Press Releases
    • World News
    • Nigeria News
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Sports
  • Interviews
  • SMEs
  • Law
    • Crime
  • Travel & Tours
    • Aviation
    • Tourism
  • Energy
    • Oil & Gas
    • Power
  • Business
    • Banking & Finance
      • Capital Market
      • Money Market
    • Pension
    • Insurance
    • Brands & Marketing
    • IT & Telecoms
    • Labour
    • Agriculture
    • Maritime
    • Property
    • Manufacturing
  • Regulators
    • Nigeria Bureu of Statistics
    • PENCOM
    • NAICOM
    • SEC
    • NSE
    • CBN
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Tuesday, May 19
  • About us
  • Terms of use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Advertize here
  • Contact us
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Oriental News Nigeria
  • Home
  • Photo News
  • News
    • NGO/CSO
    • Photo News
    • OrientalNews 7th Anniversary
    • Press Releases
    • World News
    • Nigeria News
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Sports
  • Interviews
  • SMEs
  • Law
    • Crime
  • Travel & Tours
    • Aviation
    • Tourism
  • Energy
    • Oil & Gas
    • Power
  • Business
    • Banking & Finance
      • Capital Market
      • Money Market
    • Pension
    • Insurance
    • Brands & Marketing
    • IT & Telecoms
    • Labour
    • Agriculture
    • Maritime
    • Property
    • Manufacturing
  • Regulators
    • Nigeria Bureu of Statistics
    • PENCOM
    • NAICOM
    • SEC
    • NSE
    • CBN
Oriental News Nigeria
Home»News»Lagos State Donates N25M To Owo People In Ondo Over Church Attack 
News

Lagos State Donates N25M To Owo People In Ondo Over Church Attack 

By Orientalnews StaffJune 15, 2022Updated:June 15, 2022No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Owo Attack: Sanwo-Olu Visits Akeredolu, Donates N25M To Victims – TodayNG.Com

Joyce Onwuka

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Tuesday, donated N25 million to the people of Owo, who were affected by the recent gunmen attack, which claimed scores of worshippers at St. Francis Catholic Church in Owo, Ondo State.

Sanwo-Olu announced the donation during a condolence visit to Ondo State Governor, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu (SAN) at the State House in Akure.

Governor Sanwo-Olu visited his Ondo State counterpart in the company of Governors Dapo Abiodun (Ogun) and Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq to sympathise with Akeredolu and the people of Owo and Ondo State in general.

Speaking on behalf of the governors, Governor Abiodun announced a donation of N25 million each, totaling N75 million on behalf of the three state governors to the people of Owo.

Governor Abiodun on behalf of the governors also sympathised with Akeredolu and the people of Owo and Ondo State at large, as well as families and victims of the Sunday, June 5 ugly attack in Owo.

He said: “We find the attack, not just an attack on the good people of Owo and Ondo State but the entire people of the South-West.

“My brothers and I have decided to support the good people of Owo with a token sum of N25 million each, totaling N75 million. We indeed pray that such incidents like this will never reoccur.”

Speaking to journalists during the condolence visit, Governor Sanwo-Olu, who condemned the attacks on worshippers in Owo, said South-West governors will continue to strengthen internal collaboration and security within the region.

“We had a South-West Governors meeting last week and few steps have been taken. First is that we have agreed to have a three days mourning period and flags are being flown at half-mast. We have taken steps to strengthen and further reinforce the security architecture in the South-West; of course including things around transportation.

“Indeed all of us have condemned the unfortunate, totally unwarranted killings. It is a completely dehumanising incident that should not be happening in the modern age. The act is condemnable and we condemn it in the strongest terms.

“We offer prayers and condolences to families that the incident affected and the entire people of Owo and indeed by extension Ondo State,” Governor Sanwo-Olu said.

In his remark, Akeredolu appreciated the governors for the condolence visit, noting that his brother governors in South-West and other parts of the country have been in touch with him and sympathised with the people of Ondo State on many occasions since the date of the ugly incident.

Akeredolu, who is the Chairman of the South-West Governors’ Forum, also reiterated the commitment of the governors to the lives and securities of the geo-political zones.

Share this:

  • Share
  • Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
cover
Orientalnews Staff

Related Posts

NAICOM Mourns The Passing Of Barr. Rotimi Edu

May 18, 2026

Guinness Elevates AMVCA 12 with Best Dressed Voters’ Choice Award and ₦2 Million in Prizes

May 18, 2026

CGC Adeniyi Seeks Inclusive Dialogue as Customs Opens Fresh Front With Beer Sectoral Group

May 18, 2026

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

The latest
  • NAICOM Mourns The Passing Of Barr. Rotimi Edu
  • Guinness Elevates AMVCA 12 with Best Dressed Voters’ Choice Award and ₦2 Million in Prizes
  • CGC Adeniyi Seeks Inclusive Dialogue as Customs Opens Fresh Front With Beer Sectoral Group
  •  NEMA Begins Emergency Response Campaign On Flood Disaster In South-South Region
  • National Emergency Agency Warns States To Act Fast Against Impending Floods 
  • FirstBank, Visa Launch Naira Visa Debit Card To Accelerate Nigeria’s Cashless Payments Drive
  • Federal Budget Office Says Fiscal Years Are Defined By Law
  • Nigerian Navy Dismantles Staging Camp Operated By Suspected Hoodlums In Niger Delta 
  • NIA Expresses Sorrow Of Death Of Former NCRIB President, Barr. Rotimi Edu
  • INEC Confirms Receipt Of Membership Registers From All 22 Registered Political Parties 
Categories
Quick Links
  • About us
  • Terms of use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Advertize here
  • Contact us
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube LinkedIn
Copyright © 2026 Oriental News Nigeria. All right reserved.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.