Army Dislodge Boko Haram From Held Territory 

Richard Ginika Izuora

The Coordinator, Nigerian Army Media Operations, Major-General John Enenche has said that Boko Haram insurgents no longer have authority over any part of the country, especially in the northeast where the insurgents once had a stronghold.

Enenche made this disclosure on Channel Television’s Politics Today on Friday, January 15.

According to the Nigerian Army spokesman, what the country now has are remnants and a weakened enemy (Boko Haram and ISWAP fighters).

“They are moving from bush to enclave and enclave to bush and no longer have any authority or sovereignty on any territory in the northeast and by extension, to Nigeria,” he said.

The Army also restated that “the Armed Forces of Nigeria made a lot of progress last year; in the area of packaging itself to further the defense of this country.”

“As of 2015 before this administration came on board; at least 17 and 20 local governments were strongholds of the insurgents by 2016 the whole of the northeast was recaptured; and the government took back full authority,” he said.

Add Comment