Leading e-hailing platform, Bolt has announced the relaunch of its MyPVCJourney (My Permanent Voter Registration Journey) initiative which began in 2021.
The initiative was established as part of the company’s community engagement efforts and commitment to promoting active citizenship.
As electoral dates draw nearer, Bolt identified mobility challenges Nigerians face which have encouraged voter apathy, and has set out to aid the public in overcoming these obstacles.
Two key challenges were identified by the mobility platform, which are a lack of awareness of nearest PVC (Permanent Voters Card) registration locations and inadequate transport opportunities in Nigeria’s biggest cities.
To counteract this, Bolt is offering a 50% discount to 24 INEC local government offices in Lagos and Abuja. As users choose any of the selected locations as their destination, the app will automatically apply the 50% discount to the ride.
Speaking about the initiative, Nigeria Country Manager, Oludele Dare said, “When we launched the MyPVCJourney last year, it was a mega success with our microsite receiving over 16,000 pledges by Nigerians who commenced their PVC process.
As the electoral process begins its final stretch, we understand our responsibility as the leading ride-hailing platform to partner with Nigerians and assist them as best as we can in becoming active citizens. This initiative is just one of the many ways we continue to commit to developing the socio-political and economic landscape in Nigeria ”.
To bolster the initiative and voter participation, Bolt will be reactivating its #MyPVCJourney microsite where users can learn more about voting in Nigeria. The select locations applicable for the discount are as follows:
1. Abaji — Near Women Centre, off Abaji-Toto Road, Abaji
2. Bwari — Action Area Layout, Secretariat Road (opposite High Court), Bwari
3. Garki — No 10 Olusegun Obasanjo Way, Area 10, Garki
4. Gwagwalada — Plot 32, Obana Motel Road, Federal Low-Cost Housing Estate, Gwagwalada
5. Karu — AMAC Beside Magistrate Court, Karu
6. Kuje — Beside FCMB Bank, Plot 33A, Sauka Extention, Kuje
7. Kwali — KDA 301, Phase II, Unity Bank Road, Kwali
1. Agege — 20 Arigbanla Street, Orile Agege
2. Ajegunle — Ajeromi-Ifelodun Temidire Street (by Tolu Police Station), Ajegunle
3. Alimosho — Alimosho Igando/Ikotun LCDA Secretariat, Idimu Road, Ikotun
4. Amuwo-Odofin — First Gate (by First Avenue), FESTAC Town, Amuwo-Odofin
5. Eti-Osa — Km 15, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Igbo Efon, Eti-Osa
6. Ibeju — Ibeju-Lekki Lekki Free Trade Zone Road (before Akodo General Hospital), Orofun-Orimedu
7. Ifako — Ijaye 6 Bamgboye Street, Alagbado
8. Ikeja — 2 Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja
9. Ikorodu — No. 1 TOS Benson Road, GRA, Ikorodu
10. Kosofe — 1 Moshalasi Crescent, Ogudu
11. Lagos Island — 18 Simpson Street (beside Total Filling Station, Sura), Lagos Island
12. Lagos Mainland — Yaba LCDA Secretariat, Adekunle
13. Mushin — 56 Oliyide Street (opposite General Hospital), Mushin
14. Oshodi — Isolo LGA Secretariat, Oyatayo Street, Bolade, Oshodi
15. Somolu — 35 Salami Saibu Street (Pedro Road), Somolu
16. Surulere — 1A Shomade Crescent (Babajide Bus Stop), Surulere
17. Yaba — 6, Birrel Avenue, Sabo Yaba, Lagos