Grandmother/Baby Consumed By Early Morning Inferno In Lagos

Yemis Izuora/Hyacinth Chinweuba
Akinwumi-Ambode
Early wednesday morning fire which occurred in Surulere, Lagos has consumed a family of five.

The incident which happened at 23 Michael Ogun street, Obele Lawanson, killed the family of five which included a grandmother and a baby.

According to Ibrahim Farinloye, spokesperson of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) South West, a boy of six years was rescued alive.

Farinloye said the fire started around 12.10am wednesday morning.

The NEMA Spokesman also reported that a similar tragedy happened at Sari Iganmu in Lagos when a man who was sleeping under a truck was unknowingly crushed to death.

Add Comment