Richard Ginika Izuora
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) said its plane did not hit a community in Yobe State resulting in heavy casualties.
The NAF, was reacting to viral reports claiming that one of its fighter jets had mistakenly bombed a community in the State with a number of civilian casualties.
However, the The NAF denied the reports, which emerged on Wednesday, September 15, 2021, describing it as fake news.
NAF spokesman, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet. Specifically, Gabkwet in a statement said that the Air Force’s last mission in Yobe State was conducted earlier in the month.
“NAF last conducted a mission into Yobe State (Not Yunusari LGA) on 5 September 2021 and it was an armed recce. No bomb or missile was even expended,’’ he said.