Osun Killing: Adedoyin’s Son Arranged Adegoke’s Corpse Evacuation- Suspect

Hotelier's son supervised evacuation, burial of OAU student-Police

Richard Ginika Izuora

More revelations are emerging on how Timothy Adegoke, a Masters student of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, was found dead.

Osun State Commissioner of Police, Wale Olokode, on Monday said one of the suspects had confessed that son of the owner of Hiltons Hotels and Resorts, Ile-Ife, Roheem Adedoyin, arranged how the corpse was evacuated and taken to the bush.

Olokode said Roheem, who is the Managing Director of the hotel where the late Adegoke reportedly died, organised how the corpse was evacuated from the facility and buried without informing the Police.

Speaking on a radio programme, ‘Frank Talk’ Olokode, said Roheem is on the run and that in the course of Police investigation into the matter, detectives were able to discover where the corpse was buried.

He said, “One of the suspects confessed that the MD is the son of Dr Ramon Adedoyin, his name is Roheem Adedoyin who is now at large. He also confessed that he (Roheem) organised the corpse to be thrown into a bush. The MD along with two managers took the corpse to the bush.

“None of the staff members informed the Police. It was the report of the missing person that made the anti-kidnapping team who then discovered through their meticulous investigation and traced the so-called missing person to that hotel and then traced the corpse, where it was found.”

Olokode also denied knowledge of the audio recording by Adedoyin where he pleaded his innocence while in Police custody, and assured stakeholders the autopsy’s report will guide the police in their investigation.

As autopsy begins at Osun State University Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, Adegoke’s body was brought out of the morgue and taken out in an ambulance to Radiation Room, where x-ray was done.

The body was later returned to the mortuary around 12.55pm, as a team of pathologists commenced the post-mortem, after they have analysed the clothing that the deceased wore last before his death.

The four hour-procedure that was witnessed by representatives of all the parties in the matter, according to Naim Adekilekun, the counsel to the family of the late Adegoke, started around 2.30pm and ended by 6.30pm.

Add Comment