The owner of the 21-storey building that recently collapsed in the Ikoyi area of Lagos State, Femi Osibona, is among 38 bodies so far recovered from the site.
Osibona’s remains were excavated from the wreckage of the collapsed building on Thursday evening – about three days after the unfortunate incident.
The 53-year-old was the Managing Director of Fourscore Homes Limited and the developer of the collapsed building.
Rescue efforts are still ongoing at the site of the collapsed building and the Lagos State government has promised to make public the outcome of investigations.
Osibona, a native of Ikenne, Ogun state, was said to be the first African developer to build a seven-storey building in the United Kingdom.
The death toll so far has risen to 38.
The South-West Coordinator of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Mr.Ibrahim Farinloye, on Thursday confirmed that 33 males and three females have been brought out dead from the rubble.
However, the remains of two males were discovered around 11.50am on Thursday making the death toll increase to 38.
Farinloye added that nine people which included one female and eight males were rescued alive.
However, as the rescue operation entered day three, a new document emerged on Wednesday, showing that the Lagos State Government approved 15 storeys for the company.
The Lagos state Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, during his visit to the scene on Wednesday, said nine people were rescued alive, adding that three of them had been discharged.
He identified the six injured survivors as Odutan Timileyin, 26; Ahmed Kinleku, 19, (Cotonou, Benin Republic); Sunday Monday, 21; Adeniran Mayowa, 37; Solagbade Nurudeen, 33; and Waliu Lateef, 32.