• Home
  • Photo News
  • News
    • NGO/CSO
    • Photo News
    • OrientalNews 7th Anniversary
    • Press Releases
    • World News
    • Nigeria News
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Sports
  • Interviews
  • SMEs
  • Law
    • Crime
  • Travel & Tours
    • Aviation
    • Tourism
  • Energy
    • Oil & Gas
    • Power
  • Business
    • Banking & Finance
      • Capital Market
      • Money Market
    • Pension
    • Insurance
    • Brands & Marketing
    • IT & Telecoms
    • Labour
    • Agriculture
    • Maritime
    • Property
    • Manufacturing
  • Regulators
    • Nigeria Bureu of Statistics
    • PENCOM
    • NAICOM
    • SEC
    • NSE
    • CBN
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Tuesday, May 19
  • About us
  • Terms of use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Advertize here
  • Contact us
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Oriental News Nigeria
  • Home
  • Photo News
  • News
    • NGO/CSO
    • Photo News
    • OrientalNews 7th Anniversary
    • Press Releases
    • World News
    • Nigeria News
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Sports
  • Interviews
  • SMEs
  • Law
    • Crime
  • Travel & Tours
    • Aviation
    • Tourism
  • Energy
    • Oil & Gas
    • Power
  • Business
    • Banking & Finance
      • Capital Market
      • Money Market
    • Pension
    • Insurance
    • Brands & Marketing
    • IT & Telecoms
    • Labour
    • Agriculture
    • Maritime
    • Property
    • Manufacturing
  • Regulators
    • Nigeria Bureu of Statistics
    • PENCOM
    • NAICOM
    • SEC
    • NSE
    • CBN
Oriental News Nigeria
Home»Law»Crime»PSC Says 2019 Police Constable Recruits Cleared For Payment 
Crime

PSC Says 2019 Police Constable Recruits Cleared For Payment 

By orientalnewsngDecember 2, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Hyacinth Chinweuba

The Police Service Commission PSC, has confirmed that the Commission has cleared Police Constable properly recruited in 2019 for payment.

The Commissions Head, Press and Public Relations, Ikechukwu Ani, in a statement said the Commission has since screened the list of the supposedly successful candidates sent to it by the Office of the Inspector General of Police.

“The Commission has also released appointment letters to the candidates and approved their capturing into the Integrated Pay- Roll and personnel Information System, (IPPIS) for the payment of their salaries and allowances”

The Commission wishes to clarify that it had to bend backwards to accommodate the list of these candidates even after  the Court of Appeal gave judgment in favour of the Commission nullifying the hijack of the recruitment exercise by the Nigeria Police Force.

The Appeal Court judgment which is still subsisting had declared the exercise null and void and returned the Constitutional Powers of the Commission to recruit all persons into the Nigeria Police Force.

It is also necessary to clarify that in the cause of screening of the list of the 10,000 successful candidates, the Commission discovered that 925 persons never applied for recruitment and did not go through the stages and processes of recruitment. These included screening, aptitude test and medical examinations.

The Commission however in the overall interest of the nation and considering that resources had been expended in the training of these Candidates and that these candidates had been exposed to weapon and weaponry decided to rescreen them.

Ani stated further that the candidates already rescreened, except those found to be criminally minded (with mutilated certificates) are expected to be absorbed into the Force.

The Commission is expected to approve their recruitment at its next Plenary Meeting holding next week after which they will receive letters of appointment and subsequently captured by IPPIS.

Share this:

  • Share
  • Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
orientalnewsng

Related Posts

Kidnappers kill Abuja-based Lawyer Princess Nwamaka Chigbo

January 8, 2026

Posture Cyber Security Technologies Reaffirms Commitment To Safeguarding Digital Assets

August 20, 2025

11 Suspected Internet Fraudsters Nabbed By EFCC 

June 12, 2025

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

The latest
  • Fidelity Bank Extends Food Bank Initiative To Thousands In Surulere
  • Nigeria Seeks Leadership Role In West And Central African Port Development
  • Customs Launches Smart Declaration Platform To End Airport Delays
  • EFCC Says Students Are Critical Stakeholders In Fight Against Corruption
  • S&P Upgrades Nigeria’s Credit Rating for First Time Since 2012
  • SON Fast-Tracking Economic Growth Through Metrology
  • Nigeria Guilty Of Long Detention Of Suspects Without Trial- ECOWAS
  • UBA Expands Its Footprint In Cameroon Sports With Fecafoot Headquarters Deal
  •  Nigerians Should Expect Meaningful Development Under Tinubu- Yilwatda
  • Nestlé Nigeria Concludes 15-Year Anniversary Celebration Of Its Technical Training Centre
Categories
Quick Links
  • About us
  • Terms of use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Advertize here
  • Contact us
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube LinkedIn
Copyright © 2026 Oriental News Nigeria. All right reserved.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.