• Home
  • Photo News
  • News
    • NGO/CSO
    • Photo News
    • OrientalNews 7th Anniversary
    • Press Releases
    • World News
    • Nigeria News
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Sports
  • Interviews
  • SMEs
  • Law
    • Crime
  • Travel & Tours
    • Aviation
    • Tourism
  • Energy
    • Oil & Gas
    • Power
  • Business
    • Banking & Finance
      • Capital Market
      • Money Market
    • Pension
    • Insurance
    • Brands & Marketing
    • IT & Telecoms
    • Labour
    • Agriculture
    • Maritime
    • Property
    • Manufacturing
  • Regulators
    • Nigeria Bureu of Statistics
    • PENCOM
    • NAICOM
    • SEC
    • NSE
    • CBN
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Wednesday, August 19
  • About us
  • Terms of use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Advertize here
  • Contact us
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Oriental News Nigeria
NRS Tax campaign
  • Home
  • Photo News
  • News
    • NGO/CSO
    • Photo News
    • OrientalNews 7th Anniversary
    • Press Releases
    • World News
    • Nigeria News
    • Politics
    • Opinion
    • Sports
  • Interviews
  • SMEs
  • Law
    • Crime
  • Travel & Tours
    • Aviation
    • Tourism
  • Energy
    • Oil & Gas
    • Power
  • Business
    • Banking & Finance
      • Capital Market
      • Money Market
    • Pension
    • Insurance
    • Brands & Marketing
    • IT & Telecoms
    • Labour
    • Agriculture
    • Maritime
    • Property
    • Manufacturing
  • Regulators
    • Nigeria Bureu of Statistics
    • PENCOM
    • NAICOM
    • SEC
    • NSE
    • CBN
Oriental News Nigeria
Home»News»Nigeria News»INEC Says Kano Guber Election Inconclusive, Cites Security Breaches
Nigeria News

INEC Says Kano Guber Election Inconclusive, Cites Security Breaches

By Orientalnews StaffMarch 12, 2019No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Joseph Bakare 

The Independent National Electoral Election, INEC, has cited security breaches as major reason prompting declaration of the gubernatorial election in Kano State inconclusive. The commission reached the conclusion Monday night.

Earlier in the day, collation of results for Kano State was suspended following alleged security breaches in  a Local Government Area in the state.

All that was reportedly resolved later,but a final declaration of winner has been put on hold by the commission .

The Returning Officer for the Governorship election in the state, Prof. Bibi Shehu announced this shortly after the compilation of the election results from the 44 Local Government Areas in the state on Monday in Kano.

According to him, the declaration of the election as inconclusive was in accordance with section 26 of the INEC Act.

He said the number of canceled votes cast is beyond the margin between the candidate with the highest votes and the one that came second.

He explained that the difference between the candidate of  the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Abba Kabir-Yusuf, who leads in the votes declared, and that APC candidate, Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje, who came second, was 26,000 votes, while the votes cancelled were 128,572.

He said that INEC would fix a date to conduct election in 172 polling units,  where the election was cancelled due to disturbances, over voting and non usage of the card reader machine.

The returning officer added that the election would also hold in Gama ward with over 40,000 registered voters whose result sheets got missing.

Shehu disclosed that PDP scored 1,014,474, and the APC had 987,819 votes, adding that 2,155,128 votes were recorded as valid and 49,761 rejected.

The Returning Officer said that the total registered voters in the state is 5,249, 989 while the total accredited voters was 2,211,528 and the total votes cast were 2,184,889.

Share this:

  • Share
  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
cover
Orientalnews Staff

Related Posts

Photo News: During The Marriage Reception Of The Soberekons In Warri Delta State Recently

August 1, 2026

Gov. Ododo Passes Out 530 Pioneer Forest Guards, Charges Them To Defend Kogi Against Criminals

August 1, 2026

Ododo Rallies Diaspora To Rebrand Nigeria

July 30, 2026

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

The latest
  • HERALDING A MORE REINVIGORATED NIGERIAN INSURANCE SECTOR
  • Tinubu Eulogizes Former Military Leader, Ibrahim Babangida At 85
  • EFCC Commences Investigations Of Suspect,   $73,000,  £15,957 & 827,800 SAR Intercepted At Kano Airport
  • EFCC Arraigns Man Firm  Over N7.8m Fraud 
  • NiMet Achieves ISO 9001: 2015 Certification FormAeronautical Meteorological Services At Yola, Osubi And Owerri Airports
  • Heirs Insurance Group Records ₦115 Billion In Gross Written Premium
  • FICAN Conference To Convene Industry Leaders As Summit Aims To Highlight Banking Recapitalisation, Tax Reform
  • Tegbe Foundation Empowers  60 Small Businesses, Social Enterprises Across Oyo State
  • Power Improvement Assured In Lagos As Government Commissions Upgraded Transmission Infrastructure 
  • PETROAN Demands Commitment From NNPCL To Return Public Refineries To Work
Categories
Quick Links
  • About us
  • Terms of use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Advertize here
  • Contact us
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube LinkedIn
Copyright © 2026 Oriental News Nigeria. All right reserved.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.